Take Our Free Gut Health Quiz!
Biohm Total Probiotics
- Combines good bacteria, fungi, and digestive enzyme
- Reduces bloating and abdominal discomfort
- Enhances gut function as per Gut Symptom Rating Scale (GSRS)
- Alleviates mild constipation symptoms effectively
- Reduces flatulence occurrence
Biohm Total Probiotic
Who is Biohm?
Biohm (Biohm Health) is a health and wellness company that supports customer digestive health through a line of products that addresses both bacteria and fungi that live in the digestive tract. The company was founded by Dr. Mahmoud Ghannoum, Ph.D. and his son, Afif Ghannoum, in 2017. Dr. Ghannoum is a faculty member in the School of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH. He has over 40 years of experience in fungus research and has been awarded over $25 million in grant funds from the National Institutes of Health to study fungi. He used his NIH funded research and expertise in the role of fungi and digestive plaques to establish Biohm to support overall wellness through optimizing gut and microbiome health. Biohm produces an at-home gut microbiome test and numerous probiotic, prebiotic, and supplement blends.
What is Biohm Total Probiotic?
According to the website, BIOHM optimizes digestive health by combining good bacteria, good fungi, and a powerful digestive enzyme proven to help break down digestive plaque. This allows BIOHM’s Probiotic formula to help maintain, support, and optimize the balance of the entire microbiome in the digestive system. There are 30 billion live active cultures in each capsule and this formula has been evaluated favorably in a clinical study . In addition, BIOHM is the first formula that’s engineered to address the crucial role that fungus plays in digestive health, not just bacteria. For added benefit, BIOHM Total Probiotic is the only one that has been proven to break down intestinal plaques which greatly aids in maintaining a healthy gut microbiome. The FDA has designated BIOHM as a supplement that is Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS).
What are the Claimed Benefits of Biohm Total Probiotic?
According to the Biohm Probiotics website these are the claimed clinically backed benefits of the probiotic product:
- May Reduce bloating– In a randomized, placebo-controlled study in 60 healthy adults over 6 weeks, BIOHM’s probiotic formula significantly improved self-reported ratings of mild bloating compared to placebo (P<0.05).
- Proven to Help Reduce Digestive Plaque– Digestive plaque, or biofilm, helps to protect the bad bacteria and bad fungi that are lurking in your gut. When BIOHM’s Total Probiotic is introduced to the body, it breaks down Digestive Plaque. With its unique combination of good bacteria, good fungi, and powerful digestive enzymes, BIOHM’s Total Probiotic can destroy digestive plaque and neutralize bad bacteria and fungi.
- May Reduce abdominal discomfort– In a randomized, placebo-controlled study in 60 healthy adults over 6 weeks, BIOHM’s probiotic formula significantly improved self-reported abdominal discomfort compared to placebo (P<0.05).
- May Improve gut function ratings– In a randomized, placebo-controlled study in 60 healthy adults over 6 weeks, BIOHM’s probiotic formula significantly improved self-reported ratings of gut function compared to placebo (P<0.05).
- May Reduce mild constipation
- May Reduce flatulence
Biohm Total Probiotic Pros
- Contains Good Fungi in addition to the Good Bacteria
- 4 different clinically studied probiotic strains
- Survives Stomach Acid
- Made in the USA from U.S. and Imported Ingredients
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- FSA/HSA Eligible
- Free shipping on orders over $80
- 60-day refund policy
- Subscription discounts
Biohm Total Probiotic Cons
- Doesn’t appear to be 3rd party tested
- May not provide benefits for everyone
- May be too costly for some individuals
Biohm Probiotic reviews from users show that these supplements work as they claim to give the promised results and various studies show that there is plenty of health benefits associated with taking Biohm Probiotics. As with any type of health supplement, there may be sensitivities that can be triggered that can cause gut or other health issues so, we recommend that you consult with a doctor or certified nutritionist before consuming. In addition, it can take time and consistency for any probiotic or supplement to show anticipated results, and overall results can vary from individual to individual.
 Ghannoum, M. A., McCormick, T. S., Retuerto, M., Bebek, G., Cousineau, S., Hartman, L., Barth, C., & Schrom, K. (2021). Evaluation of Microbiome Alterations Following Consumption of BIOHM, a Novel Probiotic. Current issues in molecular biology, 43(3), 2135–2146. https://doi.org/10.3390/cimb43030148