It’s important to note that the idea of a “gut cleanse” is somewhat controversial in the medical community, as there is no clear scientific evidence to support the idea that certain foods or drinks can clean an unhealthy gut. However, there are foods and drinks that can support a healthy gut and promote regular bowel movements. Here is a recipe for a smoothie that includes ingredients that can help clean an unhealthy gut:
Clean An Unhealthy Gut With This Green Smoothie Recipe
1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup pineapple, frozen
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more almond milk or water until you reach your desired consistency.
This smoothie includes a variety of gut-healthy ingredients. Firstly, fiber-rich kale and spinach are added, followed by probiotic-rich avocado and omega-3 fatty acid-rich flaxseed and chia seeds. Additionally, fresh ginger can also help support digestion and reduce inflammation in the gut. Finally, the frozen banana and pineapple provide a natural sweetness and can help make the smoothie more palatable. Drink this smoothie to help clean an unhealthy gut.
- The effects of ginger on fasting blood sugar, hemoglobin a1c, apolipoprotein b, apolipoprotein a-i and malondialdehyde in type 2 diabetic patients
- Effects of probiotics and synbiotics on obesity, insulin resistance syndrome, type 2 diabetes and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A review of human clinical trials
- Omega-3 fatty acids in inflammation and autoimmune diseases