The following is a Summary compilation of reviews and company information on the product Glow Biome by Kuma that has been used to improve your skin health by improving your gut and digestive health. I will give some summarized information about the product as well as the links to the online sites that talk about the supplement in their reviews. Glow Biome can be found on the Kuma website.
What is Kuma?
Kuma was founded by Maria Marlowe and it represents the unique interplay of the skin, gut, gut microbiome, and brain. Maria was frustrated by the lack of results and side effects from topical skin medications to help with her skin issues, so she began to do some research on her own. She learned more about the gut-brain-skin connection and that improving your gut health and overall mental well-being, you also improve your skin health. Further research into probiotics led to the conclusion that there just wasn’t an ideal probiotic formula available for skin health, so she decided to develop her own and Kuma was born. Their mission is to stay at the forefront of research on the gut-brain-skin axis to deliver products and education that will help you glow from within.
What is Kuma Glow Biome?
Glow Biome is a probiotic formula designed to support both gut health and clearer, healthier skin from within. It contains 15 billion CFU of 6 clinically validated strains that target the gut-skin axis, plus, prebiotic fiber to help the probiotics flourish. In essence this can be considered a synbiotic which is a formula containing both prebiotic and probiotic. It comes in a vegetarian delayed-release capsule that help the probiotics bypass your stomach acid and reach your intestinal tract alive where they are most effective. In essence, Glow Biome is formulated to promote a healthy gut and healthy skin free of acne.
What are the Claimed Benefits of Kuma Glow Biome?
According to the Kuma website these are the scientifically backed claimed benefits of the probiotic strains and Glow Biome based on clinical studies:
- Supports cleaner, healthier skin
- After 6 weeks, study participants experienced a 15% reduction in the number of pimples and a 20% reduction in their size. After 12 weeks of the study 78% of participants experienced less severity of breakouts.
- Supports skin hydration
- After 6 weeks, study participants experienced a 21% increase in skin hydration and this increased to 41% after 12 weeks.
- Supports normal skin oil (sebum) production
- After 6 weeks, study participants experienced a 32% reduction in excess sebum production.
- Supports healthy digestion
- After 12 weeks, 70% of study participants reported less bloating.
- Supports regular bowel movements
- After 12 weeks, 78% of study participants reported improved regularity.
- Supports immune health
- Supports women’s health
- After 12 weeks, 60% of female study participants experienced less pimple breakouts during their period.
Kuma Glow Biome Pros
- Contains 6 targeted probiotic strains
- Clinically backed formulation
- Delayed release prebiotic capsule to help with probiotic viability
- Great educational resources
- Made in NSF-certified facilities
- Safe inactive ingredients
Kuma Glow Biome Cons
- Not FDA approved
- Price may be prohibitive to some
Kuma Glow Biome has received many extremely positive reviews though has not been extensively reviewed in independent forums. As with any gut health supplement there may be sensitivities that can be triggered that can cause GI issues so, we recommend that you consult with a doctor or certified nutritionist before consuming. In addition, as with any other probiotic it takes time and consistency, and overall skin results can vary from individual to individual.