Summary of Reviews for Leaky Gut Revive
Leaky gut, also known as intestinal hyperpermeability, is a condition where the intestinal walls become more permeable and allow foreign substances, such as bacteria and toxins, to leak into the bloodstream. This can cause a variety of health problems, such as food sensitivities, digestive issues, and even autoimmune diseases. Fortunately, there are a variety of supplements that can help support the body’s natural healing process and reduce the symptoms of leaky gut.
The following is a summarized list of online reviews of the dietary supplement Leaky Gut Revive that has been used to alleviate symptoms of a leaky gut. I will give some summarized information about the product as well as the links to the online sites that talk about the supplement in their reviews. Leaky Gut Revive can be found on Amazon and directly from Amy Myers’ website.
What is Leaky Gut Revive?
The company named after its founder, Amy Myers, MD, makes Leaky Gut Revive. Amy is a physician with a doctorate in medicine. She is a published medical researcher and two-time bestselling author. To date, Dr. Myers is responsible for formulating over 50 different supplements. Her main goal as a well-renowned functional doctor is to heal people who have been “failed by the conventional medical system.”.
Leaky Gut Revive is one of Amy Myers MD’s main gut health nutritional supplements. It contains a blend of nutrients and herbs to soothe, heal, and repair the gut quickly, especially with regard to leaky gut syndrome. The various ingredients in Leaky Gut Revive, such as glutamine, marshmallow root, and slippery elm, are designed to boost your gut bacteria, repair the gut lining, and enhance digestion, to name a few. Taking Leaky Gut Revive can help to heal the gut lining and reduce symptoms of a leaky gut.
What are the Ingredients Found in Leaky Gut Revive?
L-Glutamine is one of 20 amino acids in your body, and it’s known as a conditionally essential amino acid for the roles it plays in your body . Glutamine supports and helps to maintain a healthy gut barrier which is essential for repairing leaky gut. Not only is it a great tool for repairing leaky gut but it also helps to support a balanced insulin response which in turn keeps your blood sugar levels in check and supports healthy weight loss. L-Glutamine helps maintain a healthy stomach and intestinal lining by supporting optimal gut barrier function and cell reproduction. By enabling your enterocytes (gut cells) to regenerate more quickly, L-Glutamine helps seal the tight junctions in your gut and restores your gut lining to an optimal state even faster. These repairs are essential for reversing leaky gut, eliminating your symptoms, and reducing your risk of associated chronic conditions.
Arabinogalactans are one of the major groups in the carb family. You can find them in roots, seeds, and fruits. Research shows that it can help support the immune system . Larch arabinogalactan is a starch-like compound found in the bark and wood of the larch tree. It essentially acts as a prebiotic fiber. It has been suggested that it could increase the number of healthy bacteria in the gut while decreasing the bad ones. Additionally, larch arabinogalactan has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation in the gut. Nonetheless, there is still a lack of research linking how this ingredient might benefit those with leaky gut.
Marshmallow Root Powder
The extract of marshmallow root is an herbal medicine that is rich in mucilage, which protects the stomach lining from harmful stressors . The multifunctional component offers a protective layer and stimulates a regulated inflammatory response, calming the stomach and facilitating regular bowel movements.
Licorice Root Powder
Licorice root contains almost 75 bioactive compounds . This includes glycyrrhizin (GL), a compound known for producing adverse effects in humans. DGL is a substance that’s had the GL removed for consumption. DGL may have various gastric benefits, such as reducing inflammation  and increasing mucus production. Licorice root has been shown in some instances to coat the gut lining, much like marshmallow root, which may offer anti-inflammatory and digestion-enhancing effects. Lastly, licorice root may decrease bloating, reduce heartburn and ulcers, and manage diarrhea and stomach pain. However, more research is still needed on this supplement specific to leaky gut syndrome.
Slippery Elm Bark Powder
Slippery elm bark is a traditional herbal remedy that has been used for centuries to promote gut health . Similar to marshmallow root, slippery elm can increase the amount of mucilage in the digestive tract and also encourage nerve endings to release mucus. The chemical is also effective for neutralizing high stomach acidity. The active component of slippery elm contained in Leaky Gut Revive may calm the gut lining and combat pro-inflammatory free radicals.
Aloe Vera Leaf Powder
Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation and improve the health of the gut. It also helps to protect the gut from toxins and other foreign substances. The most promising research for leaky gut was this study published in the International Journal of Molecular Sciences . The study was done on mice, so we need to be cautious about drawing conclusions. A very positive finding is that the study showed that when the mice were given aloe vera gel, it tightened the junctions in their intestinal barriers. What this means is that aloe vera gel helped seal the spaces in between the cells that line the intestinal barrier making the gut much less leaky.
What are the Benefits of Leaky Gut Revive?
Bloating can be a very uncomfortable experience. And it can be triggered by many different foods if you have a poorly functioning gut. Leaky Gut Revive claims to reduce bloating by restoring gut health with the various nutrients in it, leading to a healthier and more comfortable stomach.
The website states that Leaky Gut Revive can create normal bowel movements, giving you the freedom to enjoy smooth and regular digestion. Additionally, this supplement can help enhance digestive regularity.
Restored Gut Lining
Many factors can impair the gut lining, such as stress, allergens, and toxins. And this may lead to an increased risk of harmful substances entering the bloodstream and body, which can affect your immunity, cognition, and much more. Leaky Gut Revive is designed to put a stop to all of that by repairing and restoring the gut lining and strengthening the intestinal barrier by utilizing a potent and scientifically proven combination of nutrients.
Soothing for Stomach and Intestines
Leaky Gut Revive claims to soothe your stomach and your intestinal barrier. It contains ingredients like arabinogalactan, which promotes beneficial bacteria in your gut. These probiotic bacteria ferment the arabinogalactan, producing fatty acids. These fatty acids are crucial for maintaining and repairing your gut lining and intestinal barrier.
Strengthened Gut Mucosa
A weakened gut mucosa can increase your likelihood of gut dysfunction and a weakened digestive system. Consequently, Leaky Gut Revive may strengthen the mucosal layer of the digestive tract. Moreover, the stomach is protected by a mucus-like substance called mucilage, which maintains its normal functioning. Therefore, Leaky Gut Revive facilitates the transport of mucilage from the stomach to the gut, where it works as a viscous polysaccharide suitable for rebuilding the mucus of the gut.
Gut Cell Regeneration
Gut cells are critical, especially since they only form a single cell layer on the lining of your gut. And if the body isn’t able to regenerate these cells, it can lead to leaky gut and other problems. The faster your gut cells regenerate, the sooner you can reverse leaky gut syndrome. Leaky Gut Revive is advertised to nourish and support gut cell regeneration with ingredients such as glutamine.
Leaky Gut Revive Pros
- Each purchase from Amy Myers, MD has a three-month product guarantee. If buyers are dissatisfied with their purchase, they may return it and get a refund minus the delivery fee.
- Multi-bottle discounts
- All Leaky Gut Revive orders include a free eBook gift
- Customers claim that the product has increased their overall energy
- Numerous customers have reported major improvements in their energy, digestion, and general wellness
- There are 2 flavors
Leaky Gut Revive Cons
- Uses proprietary blends
- Some ingredients have little clinical research demonstrating effectiveness
- Some people may not like the flavors
- Not FDA approved
-  Lamprecht M, et al. (2012). Probiotic supplementation affects markers of intestinal barrier, oxidation, and inflammation in trained men: A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 9:1, DOI: 10.1186/1550-2783-9-45
-  Dion, C., Chappuis, E., & Ripoll, C. (2016). Does larch arabinogalactan enhance immune function? A review of mechanistic and clinical trials. Nutrition & metabolism, 13, 28. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12986-016-0086-x
-  Deters A, et al (2010) Aqueous extracts and polysaccharides from Marshmallow roots (Althea officinalis L.): Cellular internalisation and stimulation of cell physiology of human epithelial cells in vitro, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 127 (1): 62-69, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2009.09.050.
-  Asha MK, et al. (2017). Effect of flavonoid-rich extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra on gut-friendly microorganisms, commercial probiotic preparations, and digestive enzymes. Journal of Dietary Supplements, 14:3, 323-333, DOI: 10.1080/19390211.2016.1223257
-  Sadra A, et al. (2017). Gastroprotective and gastric motility benefits of AD-lico/ Healthy Gut™ Glycyrrhiza inflata extract. Animal Cells and Systems, 21:4, 255-262, DOI: 10.1080/19768354.2017.1357660
-  Peterson, C. T., Sharma, V., Uchitel, S., Denniston, K., Chopra, D., Mills, P. J., & Peterson, S. N. (2018). Prebiotic Potential of Herbal Medicines Used in Digestive Health and Disease. Journal of alternative and complementary medicine (New York, N.Y.), 24(7), 656–665. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2017.0422
-  Le Phan TH, Park SY, Jung HJ, Kim MW, Cho E, Shim KS, Shin E, Yoon JH, Maeng HJ, Kang JH, Oh SH. The Role of Processed Aloe vera Gel in Intestinal Tight Junction: An In Vivo and In Vitro Study. Int J Mol Sci. 2021 Jun 17;22(12):6515. doi: 10.3390/ijms22126515. PMID: 34204534; PMCID: PMC8235210.