Gut Healthy Smoothie
Here’s a simple recipe for a gut health smoothie that you can try:
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup kefir or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- Ice (optional)
- Add the frozen mixed berries, ripe banana, kefir or yogurt, chia seeds, and honey (if using) to a blender.
- Pour in the unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of your choice).
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, adding more milk or ice as needed to achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.
This gut health smoothie is high in fiber, which helps to promote healthy digestion and regularity. The kefir or yogurt provides beneficial probiotics, which can help to improve the balance of gut bacteria. The chia seeds also contain fiber and are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Healthline: 11 Probiotic-Rich Smoothies That Heal Your Gut: https://www.healthline.com/health/gut-health-smoothies#recipes
- Medical News Today: What are the best foods for gut health?: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325293